Thursday, February 5, 2009

Simon and Huey Treats - Now Paws Gourmet

Well, this might not seem blog worthy to some of you, but it sure is to my dogs!!!

Simon and Huey dog treats recently went out of business. This is certainly a cause for sadness, however, their treat recipes were purchased by Paws Gourmet, who is now manufacturing them. I was concerned that the treats would change for the worse, but I just visited the Paws Gourmet website at http://www.pawsgourmet.com and I was very impressed. In fact, now I want to try some of their other gourmet dogs treats. Maybe one of my dogs needs a special birthday treat from me, lol. I also purchased a 1 lb tub of the Paws Gourmet training treats at the Portland Dog show in January and thought they seemed exactly the same as the Simon and Huey treats that we have used for so long.

If you have not tried these treats, you should give them a try. They come in 6 ounce and 1 lb resealable tubs and each treat is about the size of a pea. They are excellent for training puppies, but I use them for training dogs of all ages.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I wondered what had happened to them. I bought a bunch of 1lb tubs for training class and ran out around Christmas but couldn't find them anywhere. Everyone here loves them, especially the cheddar cheese and peanut butter ones.

Kelly said...

Shannon, the cheddar cheese and peanut butter are both a huge hit here as well (-:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I stopped by looking for you Camera Critters post, but I can't seem to find it.

Urban Leash and Treat said...

Our Labrador loved the Simon and Huey soft training treats, too. Very motivating for puppy training.

I co-own a natural pet supplies store in Portland, Oregon. We've met the owners of Paws Gourmet, toured their facility in the Seattle suburbs and can verify that they are making the Simon and Huey soft treats with the same level of quality as before. Lilyann, the owner, even purchased the industrial mixers from Simon and Huey, so the treats are made with the same recipe and on the same machinery.

Paws Gourmet soft treats are very popular items! We offer them in 1 lb tubs at our online store, Urban Leash and Treat.

Feel free to contact me directly with more questions about the change of ownership or the soft treat quality.